My Set Back Will Become My Greatest Come Back!

 On January 30, 2022, I woke up with a 102 temperature. Long story short I had contracted Covid-19. I work at a daycare facility so I am sure that is where I got it from because many were already out because of it and I was getting calls everyday from parents stating they had it. The experience was non like I have ever had before and my body was as weak as water and almost non functional. I could barely get up to go tho the bathroom. It came in stages. First it was the fever, then the chills. I could not eat anything and only could keep down thicker juices and water. Then came the cough, and oh was it a cough. I kept myself drugged up on three different cold medicines and my own home remedies around the clock. I noticed after my symptoms began to get better after about 11 days my body however was still weak. I suffer from a brain tumor as you know with left sided focal sezures but guess what? I had not had a seizure the whole time I was sick. I just thought it was because my body was so weak that it just took a break. 

On day 14 I woke up and could not move my left side. I immediately reached out to my doctor and told her the problem but she said to just monitor my symptoms. I don't think that she understood the extent of my paralyzes but she said she needed to get me in for an MRI to cancel out a stroke. Well days past and I still could not walk my arm was twisted and my left leg so weak. I kept falling all over my house. Imagine walking out of your job on a Friday getting Covid, now partially paralyzed it has been a nightmare! Imagine falling in your kitchen and having to slide your body to one side all the way to your bedroom praying that you can get enough strength to pull yourself up. oh I forgot to tell you, my left side is like dead weight. After about a week of this I re-called my doctor and she told me to go straight to the Emergency Room. After spending about five days in the hospital I left with not to many answers except that Covid attacked my brain. Apparently Covid inflames areas that are weak in the body soooo, it attacked my brain tumor. 

So now i am back on a journey of recovery!I can barely walk and have started physical therapy. It is so hard dealing with this because I finally had gotten to a place in my life where I had overcame so much, and achieved so much! Now everything hangs in the balance my health, the fate of my 26 year remission (because of the inflammation my MIR scan showed an active spot), my job, everything. I have been fighting this battle since I was 19 years old with a six day old son. I don't question God I thank him because he allowed me to see three children grow into adults, if he doesn't do anything else he has done enough. 

I will not give up! I will not quit! I will get through this! This is Gods way of resetting my body and giving me total healing so that I am able to see three score and ten, the 70 years he has promised. For those of you that are in the biggest fight of your life like me right now, know that God is in control of your life cast all of your cares on him! Have Faith and Believe that your current situation is not your final destination! Trust God and trust the process! I cry almost everyday but I understand that one day I will walk again because I believe that I will! No matter what you may be going through, no matter the situation, know that God can do exceedingly abundantly above all you can ask or think according to the power that works in you. Never I mean Never Give UP!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to Fight When You Want to Give UP!

Healthy lifestyle while living with cancer

Push through your Pain!