Face Your Fears and Overcome Them

     When you were a child did you have something that you were afraid of ? When I was a little girl there was a huge magnolia tree in our yard and the branches reach way over the house. I had a big room with a big window. There were no blinds back then only the sheer curtain in the middle. I was so afraid to sleep in that room! One night, I was asleep and a big storm started and woke me up. The wind started to blow real hard and the tree limbs began to move mannn it looked just like a monster! I started screaming and my mom came in the room to get me. I may of been five at the time. She told me there was no such thing as monsters and showed me it was only the shadow of the tree.She could not of been more wrong! There may not be imaginary childhood monsters like the boogie man, but there are monsters that we face everyday! I would like to introduce you to one of them that has taken so many his name is Cancer and he wins some and loses some; so we must be on the look out and FIGHT!

     Why did I tell you that story? I am glad you asked! I want you to face your fears! We as adults have many fears. Some fear of getting old, some fear dying, and,some fear losing everything. What does being afraid ever accomplish? Absolutely nothing but failure! yes I said it. We are so busy trying to escape our fears that we don't follow our dreams. Now I know Cancer is another type of fear that makes you unable to chase your dreams in some cases and in others puts unimaginable fear in us. It is our jobs to face that fear head on and say YOU WILL NOT TAKE ME LYING DOWN! I WILL NOT GIVE UP! YOU CAN NOT HAVE MY LIFE OR  MY DREAMS! I WILL FIGHT! I want you to think back at a fear you had. How did you overcome it? I was so afraid of dying that I at one point I just existed because i knew that the end would be right around the corner. I came to myself one day after some events in my life happened and I found myself by myself just me and my three children. I thought Cancer was scary but facing it alone was on another level. I fought and still fight everyday of my life! I am admonishing you to do the same thing! There is more to life that what you see. The doctors gave me 3-5 years then Jesus has given me 21. All things are possible if you believe. Your fears of living with cancer will only limit your ability to fight! To accomplish!To succeed! We can have a life abundantly and overcome our fears if we fight for our life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to Fight When You Want to Give UP!

Healthy lifestyle while living with cancer

Push through your Pain!